HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Installing a native planting can be overwhelming, and you’ve started at the right place by reviewing our website. You can review the 10 Steps to a Successful Wildflower Planting which provides an overview of what is involved to prepare, seed and care for your seeding project.
To narrow down what to plant, you should gather the following information:
- size of the site (square ft. or acreage)
- sun, shade or mix of both
- soil type – wetland, sandy, clay, loam?
- moisture – drains well or holds water
- your specifications – plant height limit, color, etc.
- reason for this project – maybe decrease your mowing area or attract pollinators
- budget for seed
- learn more about native plants at one of our upcoming events. For updates, check our calendar or sign up for our newsletter.